How To Gamble Anonymously: Enter The World Of Crypto Casinos
Are you looking to find out how to gamble anonymously? Sick of having to upload document after document, just to prove who you are? Well, you’ve certainly come to the right place. As frustrating as it is, traditional online casinos that deal with fiat currency are obliged by law to install a vast amount of regulatory measures.
This initially begins with a request for the player’s personal information – notably their name, address, country of residence and date of birth. However, these demands do not stop there. Prior to making a withdrawal, the fiat casino will then ask the player to upload a variety of sensitive documentation.
At an absolute minimum this consists of a passport, proof of address and a copy of the payment method used to deposit. If you believe that this goes far beyond what should be expected of a player, then we suggest that you read our impartial guide on how to gamble anonymously. Let’s start by finding out why fiat casinos are intrusive.
Why do traditional casinos ask for so much private information?
The online casino space has become a rather stringent sector over the past few years. As we briefly mentioned above, players must go through a range of regulatory controls just to be able to gamble with their own money. The main reason for this is that governments are increasing their resources on the detection and prevention of money laundering offences.
Known as CDD (Customer Due Diligence) controls, the vast majority of global industries are now expected to verify who their customers are, where they are from and whether the original source of funds were earned legitimately.
Online gambling operators are not immune from this legislative approach, meaning that all players must first go through a stringent CDD process prior to having the ability to withdraw any winnings. As frustrating as this is, online casinos are simply complying with domestic law.
To illustrate how seriously governmental agencies are now taking player verification, in February 2018, major betting site William Hill were fined $8 million after breaching anti-money laundering (AML) regulations. Then two years previous, Irish bookmaker Paddy Power –who have a significant presence across Western Europe, were fined $350,000 for the same offence.
As a result, online casinos often go above and beyond when it comes to verification, with the fear that should they fail to comply, they could be in receipt of governmental sanctions.
So now that you know why gambling operators implement such stringent verification rules, the next part of our ‘How to Gamble Anonymously’ guide is going to look at why crypto casinos are different.
How are crypto casinos different?
First and foremost, it is important to understand how cryptocurrencies are classified. As the phenomenon is still in its infancy, governments are yet to agree on a globalized standard. Whilst some view Bitcoin as a commodity, others view it as property. On the other hand, most nations are happy to simply sit on the fence, leaving the industry in a huge grey area.
However, the key point is that cryptocurrencies are not classed as real-world money – otherwise referred to as fiat currency. As a result, online casinos that specialize purely in cryptocurrency deposits and withdrawals are not accustomed to the same regulatory measures as their fiat casino counterparts.
This means that when players open an account, they are not required to supply any real-world information such as their name or address. Moreover, there is no requirement to upload any documentation – such as a passport or proof of address. This also rings true for verifying the payment method used to deposit, as players simply transfer a specified amount of cryptocurrency directly in to their unique casino wallet.
All in, this means that when looking how to gamble anonymously, Bitcoin and Ethereum casino platforms can facilitate this in its entirety. Before moving on to the next section, if you would like more information on the legalities of gambling with cryptocurrencies, you can view our guide here.
So now that you know why crypto casinos are able to facilitate anonymous gambling, let’s take a look at how it works.
How to gamble anonymously?
If you are ready to begin your anonymous crypto casino journey, this section will detail the simple process that you need to follow.
- Before you get started, you will need to make sure that you have some cryptocurrency stored in a wallet. Although virtually every crypto casino accepts Bitcoin and Ethereum, it is also possible to deposit using other coins such as Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Dash and others.
- You will now need to decide which crypto casino you want to gamble with. We have impartially reviewed dozens of different platforms and have narrowed our recommendation list down to just five crypto casinos and four crypto sportsbooks.
- Once you have selected a casino, you then need to open an account. This 30 second process will only consist of choosing a username and strong password, and supplying you email address. As our ‘How to Gamble Anonymously’ guide has established, you will not be asked to upload any documentation to prove who you are.
- Now that you have completed the simple account opening process, you are ready to deposit some funds. In your account section, select the coin that you want to deposit with and copy the unique wallet address. This address is unique to your account, meaning as soon as the respective blockchain confirms the transfer, your account will be funded instantly.
- As soon as your account is funded, you are ready to start your gambling journey! The crypto casinos that we recommend have a huge range of games to choose from. This will include popular table games such as blackjack, roulette and craps, as well a comprehensive selection of slots. Moreover, there are also live dealers, sports betting and even poker rooms.
- The final stage of the end-to-end gambling process is to withdraw your winnings. All you need to do is go to your account area, enter the amount of coins you want to withdraw and then click submit. As crypto casinos process withdrawal requests autonomously, you should receive you winnings back in your external wallet within a few minutes!
Conclusion – How to gamble anonymously
We hope you have enjoyed our ‘How to Gamble Anonymously’ guide. If you have read it from start to finish, you should now have a really good understanding of the underlying issue of playing at a traditional fiat casino. There is no denying that the regulatory measures that national governments enforce on fiat casinos are a huge burden for operators, but unfortunately that’s just the price of dealing with real-world money.
As we have now established, all of these intrusive measures can be avoided by using a crypto-specific casino that has no relationship with fiat currency. By depositing, staking and withdrawing funds with cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum, there is no need to provide any personal information. So what are you waiting for? Now that you know how to gamble anonymously, you’re set to rock and roll!